Aw, shucks, thanks!! And it certainly goes on my list of things that I’m taking joy in- thank you so much, Sugarlump, http://thesugarlump.com/, for nominating me! I can’t help but think we’d be good friends if we lived near each other, especially with our shared love for the South and disdain for raw oysters.
Okay, so here’s what I’m supposed to do:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the blog award image on your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and let the nominees know they been chosen (I could only make it to 10. I have a MAJOR deadline this week with my editing/grading I do for the university I work for, and, well, I’m just running behind…)
And here’s the image…
So, let’s see, 7 facts about myself? Yikes. But here goes:
1. I was born in Texas, but I’ve lived in 7 other states and two countries since I left Texas after college. I go back often- it is and always will be home.
2. I don’t like watermelon. Or any melon for that matter.
3. I speak French and Russian. I learned to speak French in Montreal and Russian in Vermont at a Russian immersion program at Norwich University, where I got to meet Vladimir Lenin’s second cousin, who was something like 98 at the time. I’m not making that up.
4. I adore dogs, especially wiener dogs. I have one named Annie Rose- that’s her in the photo. We “rescued” her two years ago, but I think the rescuing actually goes both ways…
5. I have a cat named Dora, named by my then-two year old daughter after Dora the Explorer. Now that same daughter is 11, and is rather mortified by her naming choice. I probably should have thought that one through a little better.
6. I have to have some sort of creative outlet at all times, or I get a little crazy.
7. I am NOT good at math (and I don’t particularly like it). Thank goodness the Pilot and I share the homeschool teaching duties!
And now the list of other blogs I like:
There. Now that was great fun! I wish I weren’t pressed for time so I could search for more, but I wanted to get this out in a timely manner. And again, thanks. Truly. It made my week.